Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pin Keeps

Pin Keeps are totally useful and pretty ways to hold your sewing pins and needles. I have seen so many fine ones, and ones with animals and dolls and fruit, and well, there are countless ways to make them. I have made a pin keep doll for my friend Barbara. It is a shame it has taken so long to finish it, but at last, here she is. I like dolls for pin keeps because they are not just still objects, they have personality's and sewing with them in the room is such a pleasure. They serve you well and are pretty to look at. I hope this pin keep dolly will be a trusted and faithful holder for Barbara's sewing things, and that she will enjoy just having her around.

5 comments:

  1. She is absolutely adorable. Your friend will love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at how you put so much personality in your dolls, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sure your friend will love having this pretty little girl helping out in the sewing room. She IS adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Martha ! She is adorable ! Thank you so much. I will probably want to put her on my bed instead of the sewing table !! :>)
    Also, thank you for the lovely card you sent. My husband and I cherish our long-distance friendship with you. Our very best goes out to you and your family always....sending you love ~ Barb and Randy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update on the 'wherebaouts' of this lovely Pin-Keep Doll....She is still on my Living Room table where I keep a fresh bouquet of flowers in front of the window for all to see. I am not ready to hide her away in the craft room just yet ! I am still working on naming her...thinking of Kathleen after my Mom :>) - Thank you for all the work, love, and creativity you put into her for me. Eventually she will get to hold my pins next to the sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete