Monday, May 26, 2014

New work in progress

Included in these pictures are several dolls I am working on, trying to finish. They are an old fashioned painted head rag doll for a dear friend of mine, two Alabama babies for two more of my good friends, two Izannah dolls, a pin keep doll in a can, who will have a brown homespun dress for a friend who once apon a time bought a painting from me. Lastly there are several Izannah dolls, I am showing 4 of these here. I love these dolls in this stage, it seems to reveal their character and give you a tiny look at what they will become. We ( my mama, husband and me are also making about 25 tiny 6 inch Izannah dolls. these are to keep my mother busy with things to do and I hope she will enjoy working on them. Over the last two weeks, we have undergone lots of changes, but I hope we will see a brightness in the future, where we can share things with each other and make sweet memories. I appreciate all the very sweet notes I have received. Life has twist and turns that we can never expect or comprehend, but we have to move forward, giving our selves to each other. I will post some more pictures when there is a little more to show. Mama



says I am a slave driver, but I hope she will learn to do more on the dolls and learn to really enjoy the process and be astounded when the doll is finished and she can see what her hands have made.

4 comments:

  1. That is a fun stage for the dolls--I love to see their faces with no paint, because then the sculpt shows so clearly. Hugs to you and your "crew".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, These are lovely dolls, especially the painted rag doll! I am sure your mother will paint lovely dolls as I know she is a talented painter! Tell her we can't wait to see what she accomplishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read your previous post about the shooting.........my heart and prayers go out to you and to your mother. I am so very sorry. I hope that time will heal and that she can focus on creating things and to get better. Hang in there and know that prayers are being said for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I would have loved to make dolls with my mother! I am sure your mother will be quite an asset to the team. How I enjoy your dolls' journeys in becoming beautiful little Martha people!

    ReplyDelete