Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Favorite Girl



Here is a doll I have been working on for awhile. I like this one. Alot of dolls are cute, but I think this doll is beautiful, Not because i made her, but just a combination of things. I see through my photo that her right eye needs a little adjustment, it hikes up a bit, but that should be easy to fix. These pictures were taken with flash camera and the curls don't show up as dark as they are, but I did get them straighter. It still just amazes me that just  because you use a mold of the same doll, it doesn't mean you will get the same doll, you will probably never paint the same face the same way twice, not to mention the mold will change some too. It's just a surprise every time. Sometimes a good surprise.

5 comments:

  1. Your girl is beautiful, Martha. And, she has "the look," don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty, your painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary and Sherri, I do like her alot. Now to make a good dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrtha,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I recently found yours, however I have followed your dolls on MAIDA. I'm looking forward to an update of Jack and Jill.I love your dolls and painting style. I have absolutely no talent for painting or sculpting, so I stick to the simple country dolls I enjoy making. I'm still working on Becky Thatcher from Tom Sawyer.

    ReplyDelete